My chapter of finding my voice


Giving a voice for others and sharing my story is my life<3

Never in my life i thought i would grow up to be an advocate, a self advocate better yet a motorviational speaker 🔊

I had no idea what an advocate (or self advocate) really meant

In 2011 I started Trina Fight for our rights my very own website as a way to share my story with others, away for me to express myself through writing since i was very shy and to a few people only got a wave hi and smile

In 2014 I got a call to speak and share my story in front of over 500 people at What was called United Cerebral Palsy of NYC and is now known as Adapt Community Network ADAPT Community Network

From that day it was no way I can go back in my shell.. i heard my own voice and asked was that really me.. I knew more people will call to ask me to speak different places.

My roles grew as an advocate

In 2016 I want on my 1st international mission to St. Vincent in the Caribbean to speak to youth and share with those severing those with disabilities and my mission to make disability visible

In October 2017 TO September 2019 I was crowned Ms Wheelchair NY 2018. My platform is to bring self advocacy into schools and make it more inclusive.. I served two years. I spoke to students, educators, employees of the education department, Girl Scouts, as well as self advocacy groups..
A great gift of all I speak to churches to increase awareness within the faith community
I DEVELOP MY own workshops as well..

FROM JUST A FEW Words a smile to I have a story you need to hear..

YOUR MOTIVATIONAL SPEAKER

Reach out to me to request a speaker
THE MIC GRANTS ME LIFE AND SO MUCH CONFIDENCE

YOUR FIRST 2020 MOTIVATION POST ❤

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Attended my 1st Cerebral Palsy

Spread Kindness