being a certified life coach

                                Becoming a Certified  Life Coach 




    In January 2021 I became a certified life coach through a program called we live without limits  . A career that will be rewarding and flexible.  I specialize in people with disabilities, parents of children with disabilities and hope to be able to coach youth in underserve community 

6 months after completing my associates degree I found out about this program and registered. i graduated from Fowler Intentional of Professional Coaching  we live without limits program offered a life coaching course designed for as I describe individual's with unique needs. 

Alike college journey financially  moving forward to other opportunities and next chapters can hold things up for me.  The prices for these coaching academy can be a  "pretty price."

But like anything else I do I was going to find a way. I begin to use the services and supports that I have that can financially support me in making this chapter possible.

I first applied for a scholarship within the New York State Independent  Living Council inc empowering new Yorkers with disabilities Pat Figueroa Scholarship that has allowed me to attend  conferences with out any barriers finically  that has made a huge difference over the years. When I applied for the scholarship for this reason I was unsure weather they will approve it but they did. They offered me the full amount the scholarship allows. I am so thankful.

The balance of the course .. i applied for self direction through OPWDD  to approve for me to take this course  through my community classes budget. In navigating these systems you often get push backs and questions as society systems that supports people with a variety of disabilities approaches with an "eye" one size fit all approve towards disability.  

the push back of taking this life coaching course was when the agency that provides me self direction supports says we can't approve a class like this of course. I questioned why? 
They said they never pay for classes like this for individuals. My dreams are out of the "box" I know things in the box does not fit me very much. It was a thought that this course was a college credit course I ensured them this was not a college credit course and I was just earning a certificate. i asked them if they have a guide that says what the approve for in terms of community class the answer was no  They didn't pay for college credit courses. Look at that the self direction services through the Office of People With developmental disabilities don't provide  individuals with disabilities access to higher education like college. Why? No matter who we become those with disabilities like me and many others will always need support. This course is for me  to become a certified life coach  that will allow me to built a career. In fact it was goal in my life plan.. I was not taking no excuses towards what I wanted.. It was approved after all and the truth is this how they should support those the serve.

Look how my own goals that I spoke into my life plan still took different paths I needed to advocate for. 

Almost 11 months after taking this course and being certified.  I am pushing forward  in  promoting the life coach me and my coaching sessions looking to reach as many as I can . Doors are opening for me to work with those who need my serve. this week is a hopeful new beginning as I develop my first session  and looking to continue my education in coaching and be certified in different fields  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Attended my 1st Cerebral Palsy

My chapter of finding my voice

Spread Kindness